Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pictures!!!

Well it feels like it has been awhile since I posted last, so this is the third post for today just to make up for it :). So far so good out here in NY. I really can't complain, Trav is loving school and now that we have adjusted to the city things are getting easier. We really are having a great time and seeing and experiencing some great things. Sometimes I forget what we have been up to until I look back through our pictures so I will post a few.

So we went down to Wall St. a few weekends ago and that was cool. Ground Zero is down there too, but it isn't very neat anymore, they took down all of the memorabilia and you can't even really see where the towers were.

The Trinity Church

Trav and I went to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA). They were having a prefab housing exhibit that Trav was really interested in seeing. These were the models we were able to walk through. That tall one in the back was amazing!
Here is me standing on the "patio" of a 76 sq ft prefab house. It was seriously so tiny but had everything you would need to live.

Here is another angle to show just how small that "house" was.
On September 11. McCain and Obama came to Columbia to speak. We weren't able to get tickets to see them inside, but they broadcast the interviews on the big screen on campus. Here is the crowd it brought, so so so many people and almost all Obama supporters.

This is a picture from the top of our building on Sept. 11. Trav took this and it is amazing the clouds look so neat and the two blue beams of light are representing the twin towers.

Last weekend we did a walking tour through Central Park. It was great, we were able to see a lot of neat things. This is the tribute to John Lennon in Strawberry Fields.

Oh Trav, so cute!

We stopped by Saks and Radio City on Friday, we bought our tickets to the Christmas Spectacular!
I need to figure out how to post a slideshow, because I have a lot more pictures :). This weekend we went down to Canal Street again, gotta love cheap shopping, and it just so happened that right around the corner was the festival that was going on in Little Italy. So much fun, really delicious food and a bunch of people and a parade with priests, what more could you ask for?

And then on Saturday we rented bikes and rode through Central Park. You seriously could spend days in the park, so much to see and the people watching is the best!

New York truly is the city that never sleeps. There are so many wonderful things to do here it is just a matter of getting out to do it. We are trying to take advantage of good weather before it is gone so we are outside walking or at parks all the time. We haven't seen anyone famous yet, but we are hoping to go down to Central Park tomorrow to see David Blaine hang upside down, supposedly for three days!!!!!

Oh one last picture........


What a way to end a post right?

9 comments:

Krissy Noel said...

looks like you two are having so much fun!! ahhh, what i wouldn't give to be there!!! we miss you!!

Natalie said...

SOOOO FUN! Although you know you'd be having a better time if Adam and I (and Mason of course) were there with you. =)

Hopefully before you head home we'll head out there.

P.S. Any interest in meeting up with my BF Heidi out there? I'm sure she'd love to show you around - or at least go shopping. =)

Argyle's said...

I love the pic of Trav in front of the fountain! You guys have been busy! I'm so jealous! Is your hair darker by the way? It was good to talk to you last night!

The Nortons said...

Mel, I love New York so much! I look at all that you are doing and I am so jealous. Have for for me too K :)

Keri Cannon said...

I love it! You guys are basically on an extended vacation and I am very jealous! I can't wait to see you in a couple of days!!!!! (I love your pics...)

Loni Richards said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast!! And nursery is going to be so much fun, I'm super excited for you!

Kira Thunell said...

Hey Olsens!! Jax says hi to Uncle Trav and Auntie Mel -- he say your pictures and was smiling! I'm sooo glad Trav sent your blog to Spence. I want to be able to be a New Yorker vicariously through yall. Good to hear that Trav likes school and yall are lovin' the sights and big city life thus far. We'll check in often to see what's going on with our fav Olsens. Loves from the Thunells!

Blanck said...

I thought David Archaletta sang Imagine. Who is this John Lennon guy?
Anyway you have a fancy life right now girl. I am jealous of all your adventures. Must come visit.

Tell "TRAB" that Jer thinks he has put on weight too. Maybe they could do the biggest Loser when grad school is over.
smooches

Emmy said...

Hey! I hope you don't mind me popping in. It's great to see that things are good for you. I'm so jealous that you get to be in NYC for the fall. I did an internship there in the summer, and the heat was crazy. I love that place and those Frozen Hot Chocolates :).

I'd love to keep in touch. My blog is private, but feel free to send over your email. I can add you if you'd like.

ameliawatanabe@hotmail.com