Friday, November 7, 2008

Weclome to Miami!

So we just got back from a week long vacation within a vacation......so well deserved right? No not really but we had a good time! Travis had a conference in Miami for school and since he had a few extra days off class we decided to make a vacation out of it. Of course Jeff and Katie came too, so while the boys went to boring conferences ;) the girls went to the beach. And when I say went to the beach I mean walked out the back door of the condo and went to the beach EVERYDAY! We were really lucky, we found a condo that was newly remodeled and literally right off the water. We booked it on homeaway.com this is my new favorite website to book condos for when we go out of town. You can get really great deals on things and so far with the places I have booked they have been awesome. Now for a plug for Trav's parents condo in Kauai they have it listed on homeaway so check it out, we went with some friends last year and it was a lot of fun. Let me know if you are interested so I can get you the friends and family discount!!!

Other than the beach in Miami we drove and walked around the city and South Beach, ate yummy food, went to a Halloween extravaganza, downtown in one of the main shopping plaza there were hundreds of people dressed up in costume, it was crazy. Katie and I saw HSM3, and yes I know I am 26, but it was fun! We also went to Michael's Crafts, we can't find any craft stores in the city so we had to take advantage of the chance we had to go get scrapbook paper for a little project we are working on. I am all rested up and now have a little color to my skin, it was a fun trip but is also fun to be back in the city to finish watching the leaves change.

The beach out our back door!



South Beach in the evening. And no I am not pregnant it is just the shirt!
Trav striking a pose

This was pretty funny these girls came to the beach to take some pictures, the were crawling in the sand and jumping in the waves :)

5 comments:

Keri Cannon said...

So fun!!!! You guys really have it rought...I mean New York is like a vacation everyday, connecticut, florida...you might as well just go to hawaii and europe before you come home for Christmas :) I'm jealous!

Argyle's said...

I didn't know you guys went to Miami! How fun! You guys look so cute on the beach together! :) I love the pics of the two girls crawling around. I can just see you getting a kick out of that. I also love how their is a garbage like every 5 feet on the beach... are people really that irresponsible??? :)

Blanck said...

J and I would be interested in going to that great condo in Kauai. We didn't get the invite with friends so we will just go by ourselves and pay Benny.

Don't you miss me? Oh by the way we had a garage sale last weekend and a lot of your stuff sold for a great price.

Amanda said...

All I can say is you guys make me sick!

Lindsay said...

your life is one big vacation! that's awesome, live it up. we miss having you guys in the ward, it has changed so much. how fun that you'll be living in NYC for christmas, that's my favorite time of year to be there.