Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

Wow I can't believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone. It was such a great experience this year! Katie and I made our Thanksgiving feast and Everything was delicious. We were able to put a make shift table and chairs together and a serving table too. It was Katie, Jeff, Trav, me and another friend of the boys from their program. It was weird to be away from family, it makes you appreciate them and all the work that goes into cooking so much more!

It is amazing to me to reflect on this time of year and realize how truly blessed I am and how much I have to be thankful for. Sometimes it is easy to loose sight of those things when life is busy or stressful.

We were able to go to some friend's place that live right were the parade passed, it was awesome. See below for some pictures of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and our FEAST!!!


WEEKEND IN DC
After our great Thanksgiving we were able to go down to DC for a few days. It was great! We hopped on a bus on the way down, $25 and four hours later we were there. We had a great hotel right near the capital. Let me just say DC is sooooo clean. The subways there are really really nice. Of course I am comparing it NY where the subways are disgusting. There is also a lot to do there, lots and lots of museums and history. And the great thing about it was that pretty much everything is FREE and on a student budget that is AWESOME. So we were able to go on a tour of the Capitol, Air and Space Museum, Holocaust Museum, Arlington Cemetery, watched the changing of the guards, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument and reflecting pool, White house, Ford Theater, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, and I know I am probably missing a few things. All and all it was really fun.......except the ride home, we made the mistake of taking a CHINATOWN to CHINATOWN bus. It was not a very nice bus and it was stinky, not only that the driver was terrible and we were all nauseous from the ride, the ride that was 6 1/2 hours!!!!!


Thanksgiving!!!






DC

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned I'm jealous? Ha ha! You guys look like you made a very yummy Thanksgiving feast and had a lot of fun as well. Merry Christmas, hopefully we will see you during your visit. Amanda Sherrod

Argyle's said...

Yeah....you are here tomorrow! I can't wait to get together!

Keri Cannon said...

Hey Mel,I just wanted to say how fun it was to be able to hang out with you yesterday. I miss you! I hope we can see each other a lot while you are here. Thanks again for the fun day and night! Love ya

ppinzon said...

Hi Mel & Travis...I wanted to thank you for remembering us with your beautiful Christmas card. Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Take care & keep in touch. Love you...Pam & Ruben

Mindy said...

Thanksgiving Mel? Really????? That's the last time you've updated your blog? Come on, you can do better than that. I'm sure everyone would agree with me when I say UPDATE YOUR BLOG! Please!! :) Can't wait to come visit! Love you!